Member’s General Guidelines:
- Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
- Be understanding and patient. You may be simracing professional, but the person in the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you are posting about a problem. Always use a descriptive thread title.
- Be a professional. Please avoid unnecessary arguments. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior please report them to SIMMSA Administrator.
Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.
General Community Guidelines:
We ask that you follow these guidelines to ensure that the forums have some productive conversation. These guidelines are enforced by administrators and they may delete posts that do not comply at their discretion without prior warning. Failure to comply with these rules or our Terms and Conditions may result in a ban from the forums or the entire site.
- Usernames – Must not contain email addresses, websites, or be promotional or offensive in nature. Usernames may contain characters a-z (upper and lower case) and numbers 0-9. Spaces, dashes and underscores are also allowed. SIMMSA reserves the right to modify, delete, or ban accounts that do not meet these requirements.
- Multiple Usernames – You are only allowed to register one account.
- Other Companies and Service Providers – We encourage everyone to be able to share their knowledge and expertise to other users/members to be able to provide a wide range of information however we do not allow sale post or links to other products or services in our forum. In the same manner, you may not post any message that is commercial by nature and you may not post any message that directs others to any pages at your own commercial domain, including informational pages. A commercial domain is defined as a site that receives any type of income or links to any income producing properties.
- Linking — Providing external links to products, apps and other services serves is strictly prohibited. SIMMSA will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from a transaction with a third party. Hoax or false information are notoriously rampant in the world of internet and this may cause more harm than good.
- Please note that opinions, advice and all other information expressed by participants in discussions are those of the author. You rely on such information at your own risk. You are urged to seek professional advice for specific, individual situations and not rely solely on advice or opinions given in the discussions.
- Private Information – Posting personal contact information of yourself or others are discouraged. This includes email addresses, phone numbers, serial numbers, account information and addresses. If you wish to contact another member, please send them a private message. This is for the user’s/member’s protection. We reserve the right to remove this information from public view immediately to protect our members.
- Avatars – Our passport system is designed to accept avatar images up to 200×200 pixels in size. When selecting an avatar, please remember that the forums are a community of both men and women alike. Images that are suggestive, graphic, obscene or otherwise offensive are not permitted and will be removed at the discretion of the Administrator. Avatars used for the sole purpose of advertising a site or service shall not be permitted. All avatars are subject to review and modification by SIMMSA forum administrators at any time.
- English Only Policy- Any thread topics or replies written in a language other than English may be removed without notice. Use Proper Grammar and Spelling. We cannot moderate languages which we do not understand.
- Appeals/Complaints – If you feel that a mistake has been made or you are being treated unfairly, or have a question about an action, you may contact our Community Manager or Administrator at forum[at]simmsa[dot]net.
In addition to the guidelines above, SIMMSA would also like to inform you of some basic etiquette guidelines. If you find someone else that is in violation of these practices, please report to our SIMMSA Administrator team right away.
- Make Relevant & Meaningful Posts – Do your best at all times to make relevant, meaningful and helpful posts in our communities.
- Please maintain a professional tone on your post. Spamming, trolling, flaming or badgering are not allowed.
- Do not post material that is hateful or mean towards race, religion, sex, or any other offensive nature.
- Do not post or link to lewd or offensive content. Keep everything Safe for Work.
- Profanity is not allowed. Also, do not attempt to use any means to bypass our profanity filter by misspelling a cuss word, or using special characters.
- Bumping – Bumping a thread means to post an innocuous reply to a thread in order to “bump” it to the top of a forum. Excessive bumping is prohibited, and is limited to once per 24 hour period. Bumping may also refer to posting useless information, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread relevant or to bring it to the top of its forum.
- Search Before Posting – Oftentimes questions and/or topics have already been discussed on an existing thread. Before posting a new thread, please try the search feature to research your question. Otherwise kindly suggest a search link, answer their question, or you may choose not to respond on the inquiry.
- Tech Support – If you have any technical questions or concerns about any of our communities, please visit the SIMMSA websites for support.
- Post in the Right Forum – All forums are indexed by categories. There are specific forums for applications, devices, techniques and strategies, accessories, general chat, etc. Unique forums exist for a reason. Before you create a new thread, please ensure it is being posted in the most applicable forum. Posting duplicate questions or topics in multiple forums or threads are not allowed.
- Keep it Legal – Our Administrators reserve the right to close threads and ban members that post copyrighted and/or illegal materials. Discussions of software piracy, hacking, and illegal material are strictly prohibited on this forum. If you have any doubts or questions regarding the legality of your post you can ask for assistance from our Administrators.
- Warnings, Infractions and Bans– Our Administrators work hard to enforce our community rules and guidelines with a fair and even hand. Private Messages and Warnings are always the first course of action to alert a member of their violation. If multiple warnings are necessary, or a user has shown a pattern of poor behavior, infractions may be issued. Ultimately, if warnings and infractions do not resolve the issues at hand, a ban may be applied at our discretion.
We reserve our right to disable any account at any time for any reason and without notice. Any posts not meeting these guidelines may be removed with or without notice.